Monday, February 13, 2012

Adele’s Vogue US March 2012


On walking red carpets:
"I hate the red carpet. I don't feel insecure, I just feel like, Oh, I don't want to do this. I literally get a stomach cramp."



On being forced to stop singing: "I think if I hadn’t had my voice trouble, I would never have broached those subjects with myself. Now I just feel really at peace. And really proud of myself. I’ve never fully appreciated the things that I’ve achieved until now. In fact, my entire life has changed in the last ten weeks. I’ve never been so happy, and I love it."




On not having an elaborate concert:
"I definitely think that less is more. I don't think I could pull it off, doing an elaborate show. There are a couple of songs that are worthy of a few explosions and dancing teams and stuff like that. But I would feel really uncomfortable displaying my music like that. I just want to sing it. I don't want to perform with my body."



On the public's perception of her: "I am quite loud and bolshie. I’m a big personality. I walk into a room, big and tall and loud. People think that I’m f*cking miserable, they are really surprised when they meet me that I’m chatty and bubbly and kind of quite carefree really. I’m the total opposite of my records."




On boyfriend Simon Konecki:
“He's wonderful. And he's proud of me, but he don't care about what I do or what other people think. He looks after me. I don't think I would have gotten through the recovery for my surgery if it hadn't been for him."



On performing at the Grammys: "I’m nervous whenever I perform. But seeing that it will be the first time opening my mouth again onstage in front of my peers? I’m sh*ttin’ myself."



On what her next albums won't be about:
"I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way. I'm done with being a bitter witch."



No comments:

Post a Comment